Thanks to our sponsors, we are announcing some special prizes for the winning teams! Local and global Startup Weekend sponsors are also providing some awesome perks, swag, and resources for all attendees.
Winners’ Circle – Sponsored by Seed Spot, CO+HOOTS and Pearson
- Tallwave is providing its 12 week Blueprint Venture entrepreneur training camp for all participants, while the winning team will also receive access to its High Tide EdTech program.
- SEED SPOT is offering one team a $750 scholarship to its SEED SPOT 201 evening class venture program!
- CO+HOOTS is donating office space to the winning teams in downtown Phoenix.
- Coplex is providing its lean canvas product development sessions to the winning teams, while the first place team receiving a 5 hour session, the second place team a 3 hour session, and the third place a 2 hour session.
- DLA Piper is providing a “starter kit” of documents, which includes everything from charter and bylaws, to employee offer letters, NDAs, proprietary information and assignment agreements, etc. as well as an hour of advice to wade through it all.
- Pearson Catalyst will connect with the winning team to provide mentorship and advice.
- PickFuis providing its lean user testing service that helps entrepreneurs get quick feedback on their ideas and designs.
- Uber is providing free rides all weekend!
- Blinkist is providing access and subscriptions to its new mobile app providing the main insights from leading titles in Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Management, Finance (all digestible during the “micro downtimes” of commuting, waiting, etc.). All participants receive a 30-day free premium subscription while the winning team receives a 1 year premium subscription, the second place team a 6 month premium subscription, and the third place team a 3 month premium subscription.
We are also excited to highlight several global Startup Weekend resources and sponsors – check out the below for information about Google bootcamps, free domain registration, and more!
- .CO is proud to support Startup Weekend by providing all participants with the opportunity for a free 12-month .CO domain registration. Don’t settle for a lame name with dashes or missing vowels — get a short, memorable, user friendly domain name to launch your startup this weekend! Use the promo code provided by your organizer to get your .CO at http://www.go.co/startupweekend/. Also, find an available .CO name via http://nameyour.co/. (@dotco)
- Google is teaming up with Startup Weekend to help developers and entrepreneurs launch new startups by working with Startup Weekend to launch a series of pre- event Bootcamps! For more info and to find a bootcamp near you visit http://www.google.com/entrepreneurs/resources/. (@google)
- Built with the same technology that powers Amazon.com, Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides start-ups and businesses with a secure, reliable, easy-to scale, low-cost computing platform “in the cloud.” AWS is issuing all SW participants a credit voucher valued at $100 which can be applied to an existing account and is good until 12 months from issue. Please follow the instructions on startupweekend.org/aws to sign up for AWS and redeem the promotional code provided by your SW Organizer. (@awscloud)